White Water Rafting in Utah
Utah's rapids are the classiest
If your last summer vacation involved losing your arm in a major war, then being sent by your government to uncharted territory to run death-defying whitewater through indifferent canyons in a wooden boat that didn’t exactly steer, then you and John Wesley Powell have a lot to talk about. But with all the advances and amenities involved in modern-day Utah river rafting, you can brave everything from stillwater to serious soapsuds with a Nalgene-may-care attitude. Read more...
Guides & Rentals
- Awesome Adventures
- Holiday River Expeditions
- Western River Expeditions
- Moab Adventure Center
- Navtec Expeditions
- Canyonlands By Night & Day
- World Wide River Expeditions
- Sheri Griffith Expeditions, Inc.
- Adventure Bound River Expeditions
- Bill Dvorak Rafting, Kayak & Fishing Expeditions
- Dinosaur River Expeditions
- Don Hatch River Expeditions
- Destination Sports And Adventures
- Adrift Adventures Dinosaur National Monument
- Wild Rivers Expeditions
- Wild West Voyages
- High Country Adventure
- Bar 10 Ranch Guides & Outfitters
- Midway Adventure Company
Rivers to Raft in Utah
A little something to know before you go: Rapids are classified on a scale from 1-6, or, if you’d rather, from safest to most insane. We’ll break it down for you now so you don’t have to do the math at the edge of a fifteen-foot waterfall.
Class I Hey, wuss, over here! Gentle riffles, a little rocking.
Class II Waves, a little maneuvering and a splash. Canyon cred without going overboard.
Class III More intense than II’s, less intense than IV’s.
Class IV Iron your sash and polish your neckerchief slide. What’s the Boy Scout motto? “Be prepared, cuz things about to get nasty”?
Class V Congratulations! You’ve outlived the basic evolutionary impulse to preserve your own life!
Class VI Might as well go out doing something you love.